HOW DO I MAKE ROYAL ICING USING SATIN ICE ROYAL ICING MIX?• Add Royal Icing Mix and 1/4 cup of warm water in a mixing bowl. • Mix for 1 minute on low speed with a paddle attachment; scrape down sides. • Mix for approximately 5 minutes on low speed. • Add color or flavor as desired. • If too thick, add 1 tsp of water at a time until desired consistency is achieved. • If too thin, add 1 Tbsp of powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved. • To achieve a flood consistency, add approximately 4 Tbsp of water.
About this item
Satin Ice Royal Icing Mix is fast and easy to make and is completely customizable from flavor, color and consistency. Satin Ice Royal Icing mixes to a delicious and premium quality royal icing with a quick dry time and versatile workability.
Royal Icing Mix Highlights:
- FLAVOR: Pleasant taste and smell
- WORKABILITY: Higher percentage of egg whites creates a high quality, fluffy meringue. Can also be used as a frosting stabilizer.
- NUTRITION: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Kosher
- FINISH: Creates a light & airy meringue with stiff peaks
- VERSATILE USES: use for meringue, royal icing, fillings, and more. Can also be used as a frosting stabilizer
WHAT IS ROYAL ICING?
Royal icing is a versatile icing that has a subtle sweet flavor and dries hard.
WHAT DO YOU USE ROYAL ICING FOR?You can use royal icing to decorate cookies, for string work on cakes, or even pre-piped
decorations for your desserts.
WHAT ARE THE ESSENTIAL TOOLS NEEDED TO WORK WITH ROYAL ICING?Spatulas, mixing bowls, piping bags, piping tips, scribe tool
CAN YOU ADD FOOD COLORING OR FLAVORING?
Yes, you can customize Satin Ice royal icing to reach your desired color and flavor. We
recommend adding any color or flavorings before adjusting the consistency as the liquid may thin out the royal icing a bit.
WHAT IS THE RECIPE FOR ROYAL ICING USING THIS MIX?
• Add the whole package of Royal Icing Mix and 1/4 cup warm water in a mixing bowl.
• Mix for 1 minute on low speed with a paddle attachment; scrape down sides.
• Mix for approximately 5 minutes on low speed.
• Add color or flavor as desired.
• If too thick, add 1 tsp of water at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
• If too thin, add 1 Tbsp of powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved.
• To achieve a flood consistency, add approximately 4 Tbsp of water.
CAN YOU ADJUST THE CONSISTENCY?
Yes, to thin out the royal icing, add small amounts of water until you reach your desired
consistency. If you add too much water and the consistency becomes too thin, mix in more royal icing or add small amounts of powdered sugar.
HOW TO PREVENT AIR BUBBLES IN ROYAL ICING?
After you mix in flavor, color or water to thin down your royal icing, you may notice some air bubbles due to the motion of mixing. Cover the icing and let it sit for a while to allow the bubbles to rise to the surface. If you notice any air bubbles after you have flooded a cookie, immediately use a scribe tool or the pointy tip of a toothpick to gently pop the bubbles on the surface before the icing begins to dry.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DRY?
Royal Icing will begin its setting process as it is exposed to air. It will take 12-24 hours in open air to dry completely. The more water that is added to the royal icing, the longer the drying time will be.
WHAT IS THE CONSISTENCY OF THE ICING ONCE IT IS DRIED?
Royal icing dries completely hard so you are able to pick up pre-piped decorations or stack your decorated cookies. The end consistency is a firm crunch similar to a sprinkle.
Keep sealed and store in a cool dry place.
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Kosher