About this item
3 piece Cake Stencil for the top of any Graduation cake. Our stencils can be used with royal icing, airbrushing and any other confectionery medium. Available in round sizes for 6", 8", 10" and 12" round cake tops. Use along with our Graduation Silhouette Cake Side Stencil, the 2023 Grad Quotes Cake Stencil, and the Graduation Celebration cake stencil.
- Sheet Size: 6" / Designs approximately 4 1/2" - decorates a 6" round cake - perfect for smaller groups, smash cakes and so much more!
- Sheet Size: 8" / Designs approximately 6 1/2" - a good size for a birthday party or a smaller party. It will serve around 10-14 people with regular slices. For smaller slices, you can get up to 24 slices, which is more practical for large events.
- Sheet Size: 10"/ Designs approximately 8" - A 10-inch round cake is relatively large and is great for more formal events, bridal showers, or baby showers. Typically, a 10-inch round cake will be able to serve about 16-25 people. When sliced event style, it can serve up to 38 people.
- Sheet Size: 12" / Designs approximately: 9 3/4" - A 12-inch round cake is quite large, making it a good option for large family gatherings. It can generally serve around 26 to 32 people. When served event-style, you can get 40 to 56 servings, depending on generous you are with the portion size
Custom Cake Stencils:
- Contact us today or start a chat conversation with us if you need this in a different sizes, or need it customized in any way.
- Please contact us using our Request for a Quote form if you have a school logo you need turned into a stencil for your cake.
- To create your own cake top stencil lettering, monograms or messages for this background set, click here.
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Buttercream:
- Stenciling on a buttercream cake is easy, but your surface icing needs to be DRY. Let it set up overnight or put in fridge for about 15 minutes prior to stenciling.
- Use a creamy consistency of buttercream and an icing spreader or offset spatula to spread a thin layer over the stencil, being gentle when going around the cake to prevent accidents on what you have already stenciled.
- Gently pull off stencil and "voila" you have successfully stenciled the top of a cake!
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Powdered Sugar or Cocoa Powder:
- Build a layer cake or a single layer of cake and leave it un-iced. Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Place the stencil on top and press lightly, especially on thinner lines. Anything OPEN will be dusted in the sugar or cocoa powder. Using a sifter, add a couple spoonful's of powdered sugar/cocoa. Sift a little bit at a time straight over the top of the stencil, moving around so that it does not build up in one spot.
- Carefully pick up the stencil (do not tilt) and move over to your sink to dump the sugar buildup. Now your cake is stenciled.