About this item
Make the top of your pumpkin pie a thing of beauty with this cake top stencil for Thanksgiving Pies and Cakes. Featuring a delicate and intricate cornucopia design laser cut onto a round stencil sheet perfectly sized to fit the tops of your desert that can be applied with an airbrush, with buttercream or easily dusted with powder sugar or cocoa.
- Cornucopia: Is just about 6" in diameter
- Stencil Round: is approximately 9" (not including tabs)
Custom Cake Stencils:
- Contact us today or start a chat conversation with us if you need this cake round in a different sizes, or need it customized in any way.
- Please contact us using our Request for a Quote form if you have a custom Thanksgiving or Turkey Cake design you need turned into a stencil for your cake.
- To create your own cake top stencil lettering, monograms or messages for this background set, click here.
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Buttercream:
- Stenciling on a buttercream cake is easy, but your surface icing needs to be DRY. Let it set up overnight or put in fridge for about 15 minutes prior to stenciling.
- Use a creamy consistency of buttercream and an icing spreader or offset spatula to spread a thin layer over the stencil, being gentle when going around the cake to prevent accidents on what you have already stenciled.
- Gently pull off stencil and "voila" you have successfully stenciled the top of a cake!
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Powdered Sugar or Cocoa Powder:
- Build a layer cake or a single layer of cake and leave it un-iced. Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Place the stencil on top and press lightly, especially on thinner lines. Anything OPEN will be dusted in the sugar or cocoa powder. Using a sifter, add a couple spoonful's of powdered sugar/cocoa. Sift a little bit at a time straight over the top of the stencil, moving around so that it does not build up in one spot.
- Carefully pick up the stencil (do not tilt) and move over to your sink to dump the sugar buildup. Now your cake is stenciled.