3 piece Cake Stencil for the top of any wedding or bridal shower cake. Available in 6",8" 10", 12" rounds to fit the most popular sizes of cakes.
Sheet Size: 6" / Designs approximately 4 1/2" - decorates a 6" round cake - perfect for smaller groups, smash cakes and so much more!
Sheet Size: 8" / Designs approximately 6 1/2" - a good size for a birthday party or a smaller party. It will serve around 10-14 people with regular slices. For smaller slices, you can get up to 24 slices, which is more practical for large events.
Sheet Size: 10"/ Designs approximately 8" - A 10-inch round cake is relatively large and is great for more formal events, bridal showers, or baby showers. Typically, a 10-inch round cake will be able to serve about 16-25 people. When sliced event style, it can serve up to 38 people.
Sheet Size: 12" / Designs approximately: 9 3/4" - A 12-inch round cake is quite large, making it a good option for large family gatherings. It can generally serve around 26 to 32 people. When served event-style, you can get 40 to 56 servings, depending on generous you are with the portion sizes.
Custom Cake Stencils:
Contact us today or start a chat conversation with us if you need this in a different sizes, or need it customized in any way.
- Please contact us using our Request for a Quote form if you have a school logo you need turned into a stencil for your cake.
- To create your own cake top stencil lettering, monograms or messages for this background set, click here.
- 10 mil food-grade Mylar
- Greater durability than standard acetate
- Works with buttercream, fondant, airbrushing, powdered sugar, etc.
- Made in the USA
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Buttercream:
- Stenciling on a buttercream cake is easy, but your surface icing needs to be DRY. Let it set up overnight before stenciling.
- Use a creamy consistency of buttercream and an icing spreader or offset spatula to spread a thin layer over the stencil, being gentle when going around the cake to prevent accidents on what you have already stenciled.
- Gently pull off stencil and "voila" you have successfully stenciled the top of a cake!
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Powdered Sugar or Cocoa Powder:
- Build a layer cake or a single layer of cake and leave it un-iced. Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Place the stencil on top and press lightly, especially on thinner lines. Anything OPEN will be dusted in the sugar or cocoa powder. Using a sifter, add a couple spoonful's of powdered sugar/cocoa. Sift a little bit at a time straight over the top of the stencil, moving around so that it does not build up in one spot.
- Carefully pick up the stencil (do not tilt) and move over to your sink to dump the sugar buildup. Now your cake is stenciled