About this item
Make cakes for high school, college, or pro football games with this 3 piece cake top stencil. Pin on top of your cakes and spread with buttercream frosting, or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Available in round sizes for 6", 8", 10" and 12" round cake tops. Available in 8" and 10" rounds. Decorate the sides of the cake with the Football Field Cake Side Stencil.
Sizing (sheet sizing includes thumb-holds):
- Sheet Size: 6" / Designs approximately: 4 1/2"
- Sheet Size: 8" / Designs approximately: 6 1/2"
- Sheet Size: 10" / Designs approximately 8"
- Sheet Size: 12" / Designs approximately 9 3/4"
Custom Cake Stencils:
- Contact us today or start a chat conversation with us if you need this in a different sizes, or need it customized in any way.
- Please contact us using our Request for a Quote form if you have a school logo you need turned into a stencil for your cake.
- To create your own cake top stencil lettering, monograms or messages for this background set, click here.
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Buttercream:
- Stenciling on a buttercream cake is easy, but your surface icing needs to be DRY. Let it set up overnight before stenciling.
- Use a creamy consistency of buttercream and an icing spreader or offset spatula to spread a thin layer over the stencil, being gentle when going around the cake to prevent accidents on what you have already stenciled.
- Gently pull off stencil and "voila" you have successfully stenciled the top of a cake!
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Powdered Sugar or Cocoa Powder:
- Build a layer cake or a single layer of cake and leave it un-iced. Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Place the stencil on top and press lightly, especially on thinner lines. Anything OPEN will be dusted in the sugar or cocoa powder. Using a sifter, add a couple spoonful's of powdered sugar/cocoa. Sift a little bit at a time straight over the top of the stencil, moving around so that it does not build up in one spot.
- Carefully pick up the stencil (do not tilt) and move over to your sink to dump the sugar buildup. Now your cake is stenciled.