About this item
Vintage Flora Prettier Plaques background stencil set is one of our most popular stencil designs created in partnership with Julia Usher. This design has been unbundled from item the Thank You Prettier Plaque 5 piece set. Julia's Background stencils can be used alone or mixed and matched with all message and frame stencils in the line.
- Background Stencil - 5" high x 5" wide
- Stencil Sheet - 5 7/8" high x 5 1/2" wide and fits into a standard Stencil Genie.
Stencil Highlights & Care Tips:
- 10 mil food-grade Mylar
- Greater durability than standard acetate
- Made in the USA
- DO NOT HEAT PLASTIC
- Cleaning Your Stencil: Gently clean with warm soapy water, taking care not to rip the thin bridges in the cookie stencil. Air dry flat.
- Storage: Make sure stencil is dry, then store in our Keep Safe Storage Album which will keep your stencils clean and damage free until their next use.
Cool Stenciling Tools and Tips:
- Start with a smoothly iced cookie. The flatter the icing, the flatter the stencil will sit on it. Set the background stencil on the cookie, and make sure it sits flush against the icing by using a Stencil Genie and/or small weights to hold it in place. If any areas of the stencil remain lifted, press down with a skewer or scribe tool while stenciling.
- Use a low air pressure setting (If airbrushing) and point nozzle directly down over stencil. Then apply coloring gradually to avoid “flooding”.
- Don't be worried about slight bleeding while airbrushing this design! Blending of colors, works well in organic patterns such as this, and results in a more natural look.
- You can use royal icing with this pattern as well, make sure you use a thicker consistency icing, and apply with offset spatula, then scrape in one fluid motion, in one direction using our stencil scrapers - or the Genie brand Icing Genie
- These work great on any sized cutter as you can just crop what part of the design you want, but we love this pattern on the Corner Plaque Cookie Cutter.