About this item
This overall design stencil features a dual pattern of small hearts and graphic florals. Deigned in partnership with Julia Usher, this stencil has been unbundled from the Love 2 Prettier Plaque 5 piece set. Use the two patterns together, for great contrast, or use the designs separately. Use these as backdrops for other frames and messages in the line.
- Design - 5" high x 5" wide
- Stencil Sheet - 5 7/8" high x 5 1/2" wide and fits into a standard Stencil Genie.
Stencil Highlights & Care Tips:
- 10 mil food-grade Mylar
- Greater durability than standard acetate
- Works well with both royal icing and airbrushing
- Made in the USA
- DO NOT HEAT PLASTIC
- Cleaning Your Stencil: Gently clean with warm soapy water, taking care not to rip the thin bridges in the cookie stencil. Air dry flat.
- Storage: Make sure stencil is dry, then store in our Keep Safe Storage Album which will keep your stencils clean and damage free until their next use.
Cool Stenciling Tools and Tips:
- Start with a smoothly iced cookie. The flatter the icing, the flatter the stencil will sit on it. Set the background stencil on the cookie, and make sure it sits flush against the icing by using a Stencil Genie and/or small weights to hold it in place. If any areas of the stencil remain lifted, press down with a skewer or scribe tool while stenciling.
- Use a low air pressure setting (If airbrushing) and point nozzle directly down over stencil. Then apply coloring gradually to avoid “flooding”.
- You can use royal icing with this pattern as well, make sure you use a thicker consistency icing, and apply with offset spatula, then scrape in one fluid motion, in one direction using our stencil scrapers - or the Genie brand Icing Genie
- These work great on any sized cutter as you can just crop what part of the design you want, but we love this dual pattern on the Corner Plaque Cookie Cutter.
- If you want to use these two designs separately, try masking the one side with our Half Sheet Masking Tool.