About this item
3 piece Cake Stencil featuring adorable forest critters for the top of cakes. Try pairing this with our birch bark cake side stencil for a woodland birthday theme cake. Available in 6", 8", 10" and 12" rounds.
Sizing (sheet sizing includes thumb-holds):
- Sheet Size: 6" / Designs approximately: 4 1/2"
- Sheet Size: 8" / Designs approximately: 6 1/2"
- Sheet Size: 10"/ Designs approximately 8"
- Sheet Size: 12" / Designs approximately: 9 3/4"
Custom Cake Stencils:
- Contact us today or start a chat conversation with us if you need this in a different sizes, or need it customized in any way.
- Please contact us using our Request for a Quote form if you have a school logo you need turned into a stencil for your cake.
- To create your own cake top stencil lettering, monograms or messages for this background set, click here.
- 10 mil food-grade Mylar
- Greater durability than standard acetate
- Works with buttercream, fondant, airbrushing, powdered sugar, etc.
- Made in the USA
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Buttercream:
- Stenciling on a buttercream cake is easy, but your surface icing needs to be DRY. Let it set up overnight before stenciling.
- Use a creamy consistency of buttercream and an icing spreader or offset spatula to spread a thin layer over the stencil, being gentle when going around the cake to prevent accidents on what you have already stenciled.
- Gently pull off stencil and "voila" you have successfully stenciled the top of a cake!
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Powdered Sugar or Cocoa Powder:
- Build a layer cake or a single layer of cake and leave it un-iced. Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Place the stencil on top and press lightly, especially on thinner lines. Anything OPEN will be dusted in the sugar or cocoa powder. Using a sifter, add a couple spoonful's of powdered sugar/cocoa. Sift a little bit at a time straight over the top of the stencil, moving around so that it does not build up in one spot.
- Carefully pick up the stencil (do not tilt) and move over to your sink to dump the sugar buildup. Now your cake is stenciled