Dream Meringue Powder
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
About this item
Used as a baking substitute for raw fresh egg whites, Meringue powder is used in making meringue, frosting and royal icing. Made of the best quality ingredients, this meringue powder dries beautifully and will give your royal icing the perfect sheen.
- 1lb bag (filled by weight, not volume)
- Contains modified Food Starch, Dried Egg Whites, Sugar, Gum Arabic, Sodium Aluminosilicate (anti-caking ingredient), Citric Acid, Potassium Acid Tartrate (cream of Tartar), Vanillin.
- Made in a nut free facility. Gluten free. Contains: Eggs
- Since meringue powder is a dehydrated product, it has a long, healthy shelf life, to last you a long time, approximately 2 years.
- Kosher certified (OU)
How Much Meringue Powder for One Egg White?:
- Use 2 tablespoons of meringue powder and 2 tablespoons water to substitute 1 egg white.
To use meringue powder as a substitute, follow this simple formula: 2 teaspoons meringue powder + 2 tablespoons water = 1 large egg white
How To Make Icing with Meringue Powder
Perhaps the most famous use for meringue powder is in royal icing. This icing is great for piping and decorating cookiesvand dries hard for easy packing and storing.
Royal icing is made by beating meringue powder with water and powdered sugar. Adding more water to royal icing will cause it to thin, making it easy to flood cookies or pour over treats.
How To Make Frosting with Meringue Powder
Meringue powder can also be used to stabilize frostings made with whipped cream. Adding meringue powder to your frosting will prevent it from drooping, which is useful for treats sitting out at room temperature.
How to Store Meringue Powder:
Store your in a cool, dry place. While it does contain eggs, meringue powder does not require refrigeration.