About this item
Cheer on your team with this 3 piece Cake Stencil top set. Pin on top of your cakes and spread with buttercream frosting, or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Available in 6", 8", 10" and 12" rounds to accommodate the most popular sized cake tops.
- Sheet Size: 6" / Designs approximately 4 1/2"
- Sheet Size: 8" / Designs approximately: 6 1/2"
- Sheet Size: 10" / Designs approximately 8"
- Sheet Size: 12" / Designs approximately 9 1/2"
Custom Cake Stencils:
- Contact us today or start a chat conversation with us if you need this in a different sizes, or need it customized in any way.
- Please contact us using our Request for a Quote form if you have a school logo you need turned into a stencil for your cake.
- To create your own cake top stencil lettering, monograms or messages for this background set, click here.
- 10 mil food-grade Mylar
- Greater durability than standard acetate
- Works with buttercream, fondant, airbrushing, powdered sugar, etc.
- Made in the USA
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Buttercream:
- Stenciling on a buttercream cake is easy, but your surface icing needs to be DRY. Let it set up overnight before stenciling.
- Use a creamy consistency of buttercream and an icing spreader or offset spatula to spread a thin layer over the stencil, being gentle when going around the cake to prevent accidents on what you have already stenciled.
- Gently pull off stencil and "voila" you have successfully stenciled the top of a cake!
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Powdered Sugar or Cocoa Powder:
- Build a layer cake or a single layer of cake and leave it un-iced. Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Place the stencil on top and press lightly, especially on thinner lines. Anything OPEN will be dusted in the sugar or cocoa powder. Using a sifter, add a couple spoonful's of powdered sugar/cocoa. Sift a little bit at a time straight over the top of the stencil, moving around so that it does not build up in one spot.
- Carefully pick up the stencil (do not tilt) and move over to your sink to dump the sugar buildup. Now your cake is stenciled