About this item
Get creative with your cake decorating using our Celtic Cake Stencil Top 1! This unique and durable stencil features a classic Celtic pattern that fits within a 6.5 inch circle. Made of 10 mil food grade plastic, it's perfect for adding a touch of flair to your cakes. Pair with our other Celtic Cake Stencils like the Celtic Cake Stencil Side and the Celtic Cake Stencil Top 1. Can be applied with buttercream, royal icing, or use with sifted powdered sugar or cocoa.
- Design: 8" round
- Stencil Sheet: 9 3/4" round (without tab)
Custom Cake Stencils:
- Contact us today or start a chat conversation with us if you need this cake round in a different sizes, or need it customized in any way.
- Please contact us using our Request for a Quote form if you have a custom Christmas or Winter themed design you need turned into a stencil for your cake.
- To create your own cake top stencil lettering, monograms or messages for this background set, click here.
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Buttercream:
- Stenciling on a buttercream cake is easy, but your surface icing needs to be DRY. Let it set up overnight or put in fridge for about 15 minutes prior to stenciling.
- Use a creamy consistency of buttercream and an icing spreader or offset spatula to spread a thin layer over the stencil, being gentle when going around the cake to prevent accidents on what you have already stenciled.
- Gently pull off stencil and "voila" you have successfully stenciled the top of a cake!
Tips for Stenciling the Tops of Cakes With Powdered Sugar or Cocoa Powder:
- Build a layer cake or a single layer of cake and leave it un-iced. Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Place the stencil on top and press lightly, especially on thinner lines. Anything OPEN will be dusted in the sugar or cocoa powder. Using a sifter, add a couple spoonful's of powdered sugar/cocoa. Sift a little bit at a time straight over the top of the stencil, moving around so that it does not build up in one spot.
- Carefully pick up the stencil (do not tilt) and move over to your sink to dump the sugar buildup. Now your cake is stenciled.